Converting Individual Proceedings Documents or Proceedings Categories to PDF
Note: A PDF reader is required for viewing PDFs. We recommend Foxit PDF Reader for iOS devices and Adobe Acrobat for Android and desktop computers. (The Adobe Acrobat app for iOS will not currently work for these PDFs.)
Mobile devices make it easy to stay connected to home or business no matter where you are, but in some situations you find yourself forced to cut that tie to the world wide web. Never fear! Now conference attendees can convert conference proceedings articles to PDFs to view them on mobile devices, even there isn't an internet connection.
Perform the following steps when you have an internet connection on your mobile device:
- Navigate to the proceedings you're interested in.
- iPad/iPhone users: Safari is the recommended browser
- Android users: Google Chrome is the recommended browser.
- Once you have accessed the proceedings, click on the Menu/search button in the top right corner to display the proceedings table of contents.
- Select the checkboxes in front of each document you want to convert to PDF.
- After you've checked all the documents you want to convert, click on the PDF Checked button.
- Give your collection of proceedings articles any name you like and select OK.
- Once the conversion has completed, the PDF should open automatically in your browser. When it is loaded, view it in your preferred PDF reader app from your browser. (On iPad/iPhone, tap near the top of your browser to get the menu to appear and then tap Open In... and choose your preferred PDF reader. See the images below for reference.)
- When the menu appears, we recommend choosing Foxit PDF reader Adobe Acrobat reader for Android devices.
- To view your PDFs, open the preferred PDF reader app you downloaded and locate the file in your recent items. They should remain available until you clear your list.
As if you didn't already have enough to keep you busy, now you can get caught up on those proceedings you've been meaning to read during your next flight or when you find yourself in a hotel room with no wi-fi!
The VIN Wizards have tested this feature on iPad, iPhone, and Android. If you aren't able to use this feature on your mobile device, please don't hesitate to let us know!
Note for Chrome users:
If you're using Google Chrome, you may see a message indicating that the file type can harm your computer. Click the Keep button to open the PDF file.